Monday, October 15, 2012

THANKS FOR A THANK YOU!



Photo courtesy of www.maniacalmom.com

A few months ago, I received an awesome little note from a former colleague of mine. We went to high school together and haven't spoken in nearly 20 years but thanks to the magic of Facebook, I was able to walk into work and start my day with this email:

Hi Ilona,

I wanted to write to let you know how happy Children Awaiting Parents made me this past weekend. I used to work at Crestwood Children's Center and it was often sad thinking about what would come of the residential kids' lives. My husband has a friend from RIT that adopted a boy I knew from Crestwood a couple of years ago and I got to see them this past weekend. James is doing wonderfully, he is doing well in school and his dads have now adopted his two siblings. I was so happy to see the great progress James has made and how happy his family is.

I just thought I would share this story with you, keep up the good work!!!

How awesome is this?! If you like what you've read and would like to help us find loving permanent homes for more children like James, please click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment