Wednesday, March 13, 2013

MEET CRAIG!

Today's guest blogger is our Wendy's Wonderful Kids Recruiter, Melanie Schmidt. She'll be telling us about Craig, a lover of orange soda and crafts!



Craig during the 2012 holiday season

When I showed up for my second visit with Craig at his group home, he remembered me right away even though it had been 2 months since our first meeting. He said, “I missed you, Melanie!”

He is a polite kid and I remember after our first visit, Craig was very shy and did not talk much until I was getting in my car when he called after me, “Have a safe trip and I can’t wait to see you at my group home!”

This time, it was February Break and Craig was off from school so his group home decided to have a “Beach Day”. The children helped make tropical decorations and Craig had on this Hawaiian hat. He later decided to put swim trunks on to complete his beach look. Even though he had a cold and it was his first day in a new cottage at his group home, Craig readily participated in the crafts I brought and proudly showed me around the campus. He showed me his classroom and was excited to go to the vending machine all by himself to purchase an orange soda (his favorite) with the allowance money he earned for being good and doing chores. His staff says Craig is very helpful and enjoys cleaning and helping in the kitchen.

Are you the forever family for this sweet young man?
 
Click here to inquire on Craig through our website or to watch his video.

Craig is only ONE of over 100,000 youth who are waiting for a permanent home. Please contact Melanie@capbook.org or call us at 888-835-8802 to learn more about Craig or other youth who are available and waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment